Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday Mourning

- Travel journal: September 2, 2007 -

Bleak, bleak Sunday. The lazy morning and cloudy sky did not help me get energized. I woke up at 7 am, but spent the morning watching 8 more episodes of “Witch Hunter Robin” and nothing else. Well, breakfast, of course. I washed up, got ready, and headed to ESSEC shortly after.

Originally, I thought the campus was closed as the doors were locked. Soon after spotting some people getting out of the building, I realized there is another entrance nearby. After presenting my student ID to the receptionist/guard, I was free to roam the campus. It did not take long to see that my apartment search still has not given me satisfactory results. Some rooms were said to be taken, some did not answer at all.

Apparently, my case was common in Paris. I found out that there were many people who were promised a room, just to find themselves pit together with 4 other persons to battle it out. They’re now looking for a place to stay as well, making them my direct rivals to find an apartment. One person even got her money taken away by a cheating landlord. I really felt sorry for her; I hope she gets a place to stay very soon. My situation is unfortunate, but I know there are people who suffer more than I do right now. Anyway, my boyfriend sent me some more links to try out, and he advised me to get a SIM card with Deutsche Telekom, which is a partner of Cingular (now AT&T) and T-Mobile. After being online for 4-5 hours, I got bored and moved to go to Auschan, the supermarket I visited yesterday.

Again, just my luck. Cergy’s commercial center was closed on Sundays, including Auschan. Finally tired and lost spirit to roam around Paris, I went back to the hotel around 5 pm. After some quick lunch, I suddenly felt sleepy. When I woke up, it was a little pass 9 pm. Oh God, now I could not call some people I wanted to call. It has more to do with courtesy than anything else. I have to wait until tomorrow morning. For now, I guess more episodes of “Witch Hunter Robin” are in order.

- to be continued... -

No comments: