Saturday, September 22, 2007

Les Impressionnistes: Auvers sur Oise et Giverny

- Travel Journal: September 12, 2007 -

Another amazing field trip. I love the countryside, and seeing the Impressionists museum and home of Claude Monet were just an experience out of this world. Moreover, my friend and I found a vast prairie that Vincent van Gogh used as an inspiration, located near his final resting place in Auvers sur Oise.

The trip home was interesting, as some Scottish guys (complete with kilt) boarded the train and started singing. Later, I gathered there was a Scotland vs. France football later that night. The thing that bothered me was not their singing, but it’s their cursing. They did say the “f” word quite casually, and I could not help but internally cringe at that.

Back home, I finished my homework and prepared a little for tomorrow’s sleep over at my friend’s apartment while watching Japanese Iron Chef episodes at YouTube. It was definitely a mistake, since their great food kept me hungry all night long. Sigh…X factor pork, giant lobster, giant eel, oh my, it’s just not fair. On the side note, I have to start cooking soon if I want to keep myself within my food budget.
I wonder if they sell white rice here; I thought I saw it somewhere...hmm.
In relation to food, tomorrow I will have dinner with one of Pepperdine alumni who tried to help me look for an apartment. We will be dining at one of the popular restaurants in Paris, near the Tour Eiffel. The restaurant’s name is Tribeca. So, I’ll be judging its reputation tomorrow night!

For the mean time, here are some of my personal favorites, some of them taken by my friend, Sandra. She is an awesome photographer! Anyway, feel free to visit the full "Les Impressionnistes" album here.






















- To be continued... -

No comments: