Monday, September 10, 2007

The New Low

- Travel Journal: September 4, 2007 -

I’m starting to hate this country. Not only my housing search did not give any satisfactory results, I was also stopped by a train/bus officer and had to pay 27 Euros for not having a card (?) associated with my transportation monthly pass. Great. I was not doing anything wrong, and yet I was forced to pay to avoid getting dragged to the police station. With all the stress bubbling up inside, I just could not help it but crying.

The officer felt sorry for me, but he just did not know what I’ve been through. I was trying to save money by staying at a cheap hotel a little bit away from campus (Formule 1 Hotel Cergy St. Martin), but now I would have been better off staying at a slightly more expensive hotel closer to campus.

Right now, I just don’t want to hear any French (including the TV) anymore. I’m fed up, I’m tired, and I am very angry for not being able to do anything while someone else rip you off just for the sake of government regulation. Of course, by not speaking French, they are more capable of exploiting you. Unbelieveable. Until I have a permanent housing, I think I will sound more and more skeptical and bitter. I don’t care. Screw you.

- to be continued... -

No comments: