Monday, September 24, 2007

I suck at running....really!

- Travel journal: September 13, 2007 -

Today is very exciting since I am spending the night at Sandra's house at the 7e arrt. Her apartment is located at the top floor, and we have to climb the stairs all the way up to the top floor. This process is called "the 100 steps". But anyway, we had fun once we caught our breath upstairs and had some sparkling wine. This picture below is the view of La Tour Eiffel at the street in front of her apartment complex.



After a brief nap, Sandra invited me to a 30-minute run, in which I instantly reminded on how bad I am at running. My lungs could not keep up, and my legs felt like led after the first 7 minutes. Add that to my habit of taking pictures at almost every corner of Paris, and you get a very sucky running partner. Sandra is a very sweet girl, fortunately, and we finally resorted to a speed walk instead. From her place near La Tour Eiffel, we ran/walked alongside the Seine River and encountered both beautiful Paris scenery and interesting street merchants. We reached L'Eglise de Notredame and walked around St. Germain Boulevard and collected a bunch of business cards from various fashion stores and promised to visit them later when we have more time.











After a quick shower and makeup, we met the Pepperdine alumni that I promised to meet in front of "Tribeca" restaurant at 9 pm. Unfortunately, the restaurant was quite packed (it's a famous restaurant after all), and we decided to have a light meal at a nearby restaurant called Le Bosquet. Their cooking was not so bad, I thoroughly enjoyed the French Onion Soup. The alumni was really sweet and showed us around the block a little bit. We also went to the The Lady at 11 pm and watched the lights glittering around its long, slender neck. This picture below is Sandra and I with The Lady at the background.



All was dandy and fun, but by the time we got home, we did not have time to study for tomorrow's test. Great. I glanced over my notes for several minutes and decided to go to sleep. Heaven knows how I would do in the test tomorrow morning. For now, I just wanted to sleep.

Oh, you can access the full album of "Wandering Around Paris - part 2" from here.

- to be continued -

No comments: