Monday, September 24, 2007

The first encounter with Le Louvre and Two Steps Bar

- Travel Journal: September 14, 2007 -

OK, so the test actually was not so bad, even though it was definitely not perfect. I knew I forgot some vocabularies and grammar, so I knew I could've done better. But the more important thing is that I am definitely sleep deprived (and I know Sandra is, too). So, I went back to the apartment right after lunch and slept for approximately 4 hours. When I woke up, it's time for dinner. Perfect.

After a quick buy of quiche, I decided to go to Le Louvre before go to the "Two Step" Bar at the 11e arrt (where the International Students Organization would hold the welcoming event for the new ESSEC MBA exchange students). Le Louvre is free for people under 26 every Friday from 6 - 9:45 pm, so that alone is a fantastic reason to check it out. I got there a little past 8 pm, and you can see the gorgeous sky in front of Le Louvre from the pictures below.




Le Louvre was great and HUGE (of course!), so I only walked around some parts of Denon area, where Mona Lisa is kept. I saw her of course, but my picture hardly did her justice so I would not put it here (it's in my album, though). One funny encounter here was that a random European guy (I think he's in his 20s) approached me and asked if he could take a picture with me. I was prepared to hear him say, "Would you mind taking a picture of my friend and I?" when he approached me, so his question came as quite a shock. After a pregnant pause, I decided it would be harmless, so I said OK. But I am sure the picture would not look nice (he might as well delete it) since my expression was rather...confused. Why did he ask me that? I guess I will never know. Or will I?







I also visited the underground Medieval Louvre (the original site before the museum became so big!) due to my professor's recommendation. Truly, the museum is a wonder to behold and I began to understand why one needs 14 weeks to start to befriend this museum. I will return to this museum some other Fridays; for that I am very sure. You can see the whole album here.

After that, I continued my way to the 11e arrt. to go to "Two Steps" Bar. Of course, I took some snapshots of the streets during the night in this area, as you can see below. The bar was somewhat small but quite cozy, and it's great meeting some friends. After some socializing, I decided to call it a night and go home. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day, I am sure. It's the Journées Européennes du Patrimoine, after all...





- to be continued... -

No comments: