Sunday, September 16, 2007

Starting to Make a Little Sense of It

- Travel Journal: September 10, 2007 -

As expected, I had a difficulty waking up this morning. Not only because I am normally not a morning person, but also last night’s effort of uploading the videos for “Exhausted Traveler” footage took its tool on me. Nevertheless, I got to school 10 minutes late (let me remind you once more that 15 minutes late is common in France).

Today I did not do any particular explorations, but I found out that Le Louvre (the famous museum housing Léonard de Vinci’s “Monna Lisa”) is free for students every Friday from 6 – 9 pm. Isn’t that heavenly? Right away, I planned to go there this Friday.

Moreover, I ate at the school’s restaurant for the first time. The process is quite efficient, I must say. For a meal ticket of 2.80 Euros a piece, you get one main entrée and three side dishes. In addition, you get some bread for free, if you want. That is, in my opinion, cheap and very worth it. I blamed myself not to eat there sooner. Lastly, since I now have a residential address (Yay!) in Paris (no less), I finally can complete my ESSEC registration and put down my address. Woooh, you cannot imagine how satisfying it was to put down Paris as the city of my residential address. Jealous? Oh yeah, get in line ^_^. Sorry, it was not nice of me to say that, but I just could not help feeling tremendously happy that I live in Paris right now.

Anyway, I spent some time surfing other people’s blogs last night and today. Siduahuruf’s EuroTrip really inspired me, and I am very excited to explore more of Europe as time goes by. Already, my classmate invites me to go to Czech Republic and Frankfurt, Germany. I would be a fool to pass this opportunity. Moreover, my boyfriend recommended me to check out the spots Rion.nu took pictures in Paris. Seeing Rion’s pictures really made me embarrassed. His pictures tell stories at a great volume, and it is something that I lacked from my pictures. I realize I often stop at arranging compositions and forget about story telling. However, I have to be realistic in my (borrowed) camera’s ability. This Fuji FinePix F30 is not without its limitation. However, considering practical reasons, I had to opt not bringing a SLR camera and settle with this “little girl”.

- to be continued... -

No comments: