Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Peaceful Sunday

- Travel Journal: September 9, 2007 -

Ah, I messed up in remembering the mass times for today. I thought the Notre Dame D’Auteuil Church (yeah, I decided not to go to the American Church; it's too far) would have morning masses at 9:00 am and 11:30 am, but apparently they were 9:30 am and 11:00 am. Therefore, when I got there on 11:30, it was already on the consecration part. Oh well, better not make the same mistake next time. The church is beautiful, although my pictures hardly do it justice:





There were some homeless people in front of the church today. Now that I have an experience on how hard it was to find an apartment, I have a newfound respect for the homeless. I now realized how hard it is to be without a roof. I know my experience was nothing from what they were going through right now, but I would never see a homeless person the same way as I did before. I don’t have to say what I did to the homeless people in front of the church, but the least I could do is look at them in the eye and whisper “Bonjour”. God, you did not abandon me…I am certain you won’t abandon them, either.





After that, I went to the nearby Bois de Boulogne Park to get some walking done today. On the way there, I noticed that the pastry shop just 3 doors away from where I live still had a long queue outside of the shop. I said “still”, because the queue was there when I got out from the apartment.



Anyway, the walk in the park went nowhere, and after sick of getting sand and small pebbles in my shoes, I decided to return home. The park is so huge though, so I will be coming back to explore more of it next time.




It is rather a short entry today, since I have to update the blogs and do my homework for tomorrow. A bientot!

- to be continued... -

No comments: