Saturday, April 29, 2006

15 things (1 to 7)

- category : observation/about me -

Whoa, it's been almost a month since I last posted any entry....oh well, here's something to make up a little bit of it. It's been a month since I moved to Chicago, and a lot of things happened. This are the 15 highlights/lowlights happened in my life for the past month. No. 1 is the coollest thing ever, and no. 15 is the thing I dispised the most.

1. San Francisco trip
Recently I went to SF to see the Japan Town's Cherry Blossom Festival where there was a Kitaro concert (he's one of artists I respect the most). My boyfriend was still fuming about it, saying that my reason to go to SF had nothing to do with him (he lives in SF) ^_^...
Anyway, it was a great four days, I got to see SF beutiful views once again; Half Moon Bay beach, Sausalito, Union St, Heights St, Coid Tower, Lombard St, Fisherman's Wharf, Japan Town......WOW!! Not to mention my cutest boyfriend Chris, great food, lovely friends (Mariana, Lia, Stanley, Hendro, Robby), oh my God....I had such a great time at SF!!!!!

2. Easter “busy emails” weekend
Physically speaking, nothing happened much during Easter weekend. I went to church three days straight, I went to my classes...nothing much happened. However, the emails were something else. It started with a friend saying happy Easter at the mailing list, then everyone started to jump in....all of a sudden, I was having so much fun interacting with friends I never got a chance to contact for a while in Madison and in other areas as well (one of them even moved to Germany!). It was really fun with all the teasings and greetings and all......all the emails made me smile sooo wide.....it was really the Easter spirits that kept me alive that weekend.

3. Pepperdine University
After failed attempts at several universities, I finally get the good news from Pepperdine University at Malibu, CA. So, this Fall 2006 semester, I am going to California!!! Of course, that means I have some paperwork to do to ensure that my transfer from IIT Chicago, IL to Pepperdine go smoothly.....but I'm cool with it, let's do it and keep the MBA education rolling, baby!

4. My 24th birthday
Hey, I'm 24 already!!! My birthday was several days back, and once again, I felt really blessed to have such loving family, a great boyfriend, awesome friends (although their "Happy Birthday" singing were awful ^_^), and actually a really blessed life!!! I really don't feel like I'm 24, and people always told me I looked younger (like 20 or 21). I took it as a compliment of course, but for me the most important thing is to keep your spirit young....since your physic will get old someday. Still, with a cute look, sexeeh body, and hot attitude like me, it's nice to be young! (sorry, I'm kinda narcisstic about this ^_^)

5. Lost 5 pounds
Hmm....I'm not exactly sure about how it happened. Still, I'm not complaining!!
I think it's because I walked 30 minutes 3 times a week whenever I go to IIT Downtown for my classes...and if I wandered around at downtown area, it will be more time for walking. I don't actually cut down my food intake or anything (my friends know I eat A LOT), so hey....nice!
However, I don't want to keep losing weight, I think I am satisfied with the way I am right now. Not that I was complaining about my weight earlier, but losing 5 pounds from my thighs and my front abs, that was like........outstanding!

6. Got a temporary modelling job
It was pretty unexpected to know that one of the UPS store employees is actually an aspiring fashion designer. She asked for my contacts right away, and I agreed to be her model for a while for her to create a portfolio. She is going to apply to fashion design university at Georgia, and I'm happy to help her. My measurements were taken earlier today, and she was very excited when I put on some of her in-construction clothes. We'll be doing some photo shoots later next month, and I am so looking forward to it. In my opinion, her designs kick ass and she'll do great in fashion design!

7. Got mistaken for an artist by a museum exhibition artist of Art Museum
Hahaha....this happened a while ago when I was visiting the Art Institute of Chicago Museum. Their featured exhibition was Gerodet painting...they were beautiful romantic paintings, and I really admire how the artist used symbols to convey his witty, sometimes controversial perspectives about anything. After I left the exhibition room, this guy approached me and asked how I liked Gerodet. I was hesitant in answering him, perhaps because my mind was still focused on Gerodet and needed some time to switch back to normal conversation. He mistook it as nonchalant impression, and I immediately replied that it was so awesome and left me speechless. I was surprised that he thought I was an artist ^_^, but I still think it was cool that an artist thought I was one of his kind.....I was really flattered! He got a cool website showing his work, and the address is
www.glennwexler.com Go check it out!

No comments: