Thursday, March 23, 2006

Settle in Chicago (part 1)

- category: observation/enligtenment -

Before I know it, it was already a week since I arrived at my new apartment in north Chicago. Not exactly near downtown, as the distance of my apartment and downtown area is approximately 15 - 17 train stops that usually takes about 35 - 40 minutes one way. And even though I thought I made a wrong apartment choice since it is located right next to the train rail, the very same one that takes me to downtown and back (laugh). You see, even though it's convenient, it was very LOUD; I could barely sleep the on the first night. After further irritation during the next few days, it was plainly solved by closing my windows properly (laugh).

One thing became apparent as soon as I settled in my apartment. Since I spent most of my earlier days at home, I soon gave away to my ps2 addiction. Dynasty Tactics 2, Suikoden, SSX3, and soon Xenosaga. I'm now seriously thinking about buying Dirge of Cerberus and Dynasty Warriors 5, as well as Drakengard. For some reasons, I'm not that into Kingdom Hearts, so I cannot care less about their newest release. But FFXII, I need to think about it.

The other thing that also became apparent was that since I do not have a stove, it's kinda difficult to cook here. There are times where I was simply alert because I'm not sure what to eat that day or the day after. It gives me a renewed sense of how valuable a simple meal is. But now that the portable oven has arrived, I guess my life can be a little bit better after all.

Regardless of all these, what calms me the most is simply knowing that God never leaves me. Simple, unthinkable things that I deemed useless in the past have suddenly come to be very valuable. I cannot tell exactly what matters (since it will take so much time to explain; but I'll make another post next time), but it really is calming to know Someone looks after you even when you're living by yourself. In that sense, never once I ever feel alone.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey mira.....
good luck neh!!

elka said...

Menurut gw tinggal sendiri cukup seru sih. Well... But don't get too addicted in the PS2. Will get trouble for you sometimes kalo ga bisa berenti maen. Hahaha...