Saturday, May 05, 2007

Does It Count?

- category: personal/anniversary -

In exactly 10 days from now, my boyfriend and I will have a 5th year anniversary. Close to Memorial Day, but whatever... Anyway, we've been living apart for some time (albeit in same state) and I wonder if I still love him as "passionately" (or more) as years go by. So, this is my short reflection about my feelings to him...heheheh...
---

No, my heart does not beat faster
whenever you hold me close

No, my cheeks do not blush furiously
whenever you circle your arms around me

No, my knees do not go weak
whenever you kiss me

No, I am not a patient person
you always make my temper flares up
with your silly little mistakes

No, I am not obedient
I will always argue with you
about anything and everything

No, I do not care about all these symptoms
of what a childish love looks like

My attitudes may not be the best of its kinds
But know well that your embrace is my heaven,
your voice is my salvation,
and your presence is my home.

So if I ask you this,
this selfish, foolish feeling I have
does it count as my love for you?

-fin-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA...lucu ini post satu...tapi somehow I could relate to it...hahaha...nice one!

Menurut gue sih...karena saking uda lamanya pacaran...somehow it's hard for love to grow even stronger soalnya emang yg uda ada itu uda very strong but we simply cannot tell...you simply know you love him...but dun really feel all the things you feel when you started going out...

and sometimes kalo in my case yg baru bisa ketemu kaya 4 bulan sekali gitu...rasanya boredom itu bisa dateng begitu aja kalo uda 2-3 bulan ga ketemu (Iyalah...apa2 lewat telp gitu)...tapi begitu ketemu...I know that it's all worth the wait...sometimes I even fall in love all over again...hahahaha...to what I don't even know...

Well...Congrats on your 5th Anniversary!! May your love keep strong!

Musank said...

Heheheh...glad you like it! I KNOW you can relate to it! Iya nih, sayang sih sayang, tapi akhir2 ini berantem mulu..not exactly the ideal way to welcome the 5th anniversary, eh? Hahahaha..

elka said...

Congratz bentar lagi...