Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Letter from Afar

- special : Virginia Tech 1-week Memorial -

This post was supposed to be published yesterday, but things happened...so, I apologize for my tardiness. My sympathy for the victims' families extends to the shooter's family and relatives. I believe the media have not been kind in portraying Seung-hui Cho as a cold-blooded murderer. I myself have no such opinion and still believe that had he survived, his full story still needs to be heard. Killing that many people is extremely wrong, but his story of why he did that deserves to be heard. My condolences for all of you and those in mourning, God bless you all in this difficult times.

-----

An urgent letter arrived a week ago
bearing the most grave news
Even the mailman's face was dark
as he handed me the letter from afar.

Letter opened, shock unfolded
Dozens of unknown faces on a piece of paper
covered with lingering scents of salty tears.

I folded the letter to make a paper plane
and glided it through the Winds beyond
so the birds could sing the black prayers within.

Listen to the howling cries, oh loved ones
Feel the painful sting of hearts
of those who shed their tears and step forward.

But don't dwelve in your pain too long, lovers
Listen closely, quietly, and
hear the welcoming choir of angels in Heavens.

- amen -

1 comment:

elka said...

For that particular moment, I was a Hokie. They're definitely in my prayers too.